Find Deliciousness

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chicken Cacciatori

From Dinner with Bombadil and Paleface!
Last week, Bombadil and Paleface played at The Red and the Black in DC. The show was fantastic! While they were in town, they crashed at my place. I made them a pretty solid dinner:

Ingredients:
  • Rice Pasta
  • Chicken Cacciatore Sauce
  • Pre-made regular pasta sauce, can't remember what kind
  • Ground chicken
  • Onion
  • Green pepper
  • Celery
  • Spices to taste - salt, pepper, oregeno, garlic salt, basil
  • Quinoa Pilaf
  • Red quinoa
  • Frozen vegetables
  • Garlic
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Oregano
  • Basil
  • Side salad
  • Bag of pre-mixed salad
  • Black olives
  • Buffalo mozzarella
  • Tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Balsamic vinegar reduction (leftover from my spare rib dinner)
Procedure:
I started by caramelizing the onion, green pepper, and celery in some olive oil and spices. I added the ground chicken to that, then the store bought pasta sauce. That was left to simmer while everything else was made.

The quinoa pilaf was about the same as I've made in several other posts. I just added frozen vegetables and some seasoning to the quinoa while it cooked. This is very simple, tasty, and healthy. It goes with just about anything.

The salad was just a pre-mixed bag to which I added a couple tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and olives. I used olive oil and my balsamic vinegar reduction for the dressing. For the reduction I added sugar, honey, and a bay leaf to about a cup of balsamic vinegar and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes. That went really well on the quinoa too.

Resulting Deliciousness:
The dinner hit the spot. It provided some good fuel for the show the next night. Make sure to go see Bombadil or Paleface if they're playing near you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh yeah....We enjoyed the meal! PF's favorite part was the Quinoa Pilaf :)
Thanks for having us over and for taking such good care of us.
Hope to see you next time around :)
Cheers,
Mo